At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Associate Director, Contracts is responsible for the review and approval of project/product pricing, proposals, scopes of work and other business related contracts. This position works closely with Project Management, Operations, Finance, Legal, Business Development, and Business Operations. The individual in this role will have approval and signing authority to sign on behalf of the Site VP-Operations/Site Director on business related contracts.
- Support the VP-Operations and Site Director with the review and final approval of business related contracts.
- Work with company legal to ensure standardize language, terms and conditions are used for all contracts and all business templates associated with contracts, proposals, and scopes of work
- Work with Project Management, Operations, Finance, and Associate Director, Business Operations to accurately review and approve plant fit, cost models and pricing elements of new proposals and scope changes.
- Ensure contractual terms are aligned with Company targets with respect to on-time delivery, profitability, working capital and other key metrics as determined
- Work with key stakeholders including business development, legal and external customers to clearly define project scope, strategy, resource requirements, timelines, deliverables, pricing and appropriate risk mitigation
- Ensure that the timelines and due dates for proposals and contract approval are met
- Play a proactive role in optimizing and harmonizing the one Cambrex business approach across sites and the business units
- Work closely with Business Development to achieve the new awards targets and fill open site manufacturing capacity
- Take into account market conditions that may affect price and profit margins
- As requested, facilitate review of approved contracts for items such as price increases, renewal terms, termination rights, financial obligations due to items such as quality events, etc.
- Build working relationships throughout the organization
- Other duties as required
- Education/Industry Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field of study with at least 7 years of experience in Pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing
- OR BSc in chemical engineering with at least 7 years of experience requiring strong financial acumen
- Prior experience with contract review and negotiation
- Experience in a technical operations role in manufacturing highly beneficial
- Ability to write and peer-review highly technical proposals, cost models and contracts
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to lead a fast-paced, cross-functional team of peers
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to listen and respond effectively to external customers, partners and colleagues at all levels
- Establish a team environment of inclusion, empowerment, support and cooperation
- Promote a safe environment for work
- Comply with the general policy of the company
INTERPERSONNAL AND BEHAVIORAL SKILLS
- Highly goal and result oriented
- Prioritizes tasks according to business objectives and can pursue several objectives simultaneously
- Can work independently with a high degree of self-motivation
- Skilled at obtaining support from SMEs in various disciplines
- Tackles problems with enthusiasm and urgency
- Treats colleagues at all levels with respect