Cambrex is a pharmaceutical company that works in the subcontracting of pharma products. The company has nearly 220 employees on different shifts. Several great conditions await you at Cambrex, such as 3 weeks of vacation upon hiring, a cafeteria serving hot meals subsidized by Cambrex, flexible hours, free on-site parking, a competitive group insurance retirement plan, 7 days personal leave per year, in addition to 13 statutory holidays and a performance bonus. All you have to do is apply if you think you have what it takes for the job!
The Associate, Business Proposals coordinates with internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to compile all relevant data in order to generate the cost calculations for New Development budgets, Commercial Price Estimates and Change of Scope budgets and to write the business proposals in response to the Request for Proposals (RFP) received by the Business Development group.
RFP Process and Proposal Writing
- Interact with various internal departments (Business Development, Operations, Technical Services and Pharmaceutical Development) to collect the relevant data and information in order to prepare the business proposals.
- Accurately assemble all cost and pricing elements for new proposals, change of scope proposals and commercial price estimates in an Excel workbook.
- Ensure that the content and scope of the proposals provided to the client is meeting the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Coordinate the technical review of the proposals with the appropriate technical SME’s.
- Participate in the proposal the financial review with the site manager and appropriate reviewers.
- Generate the proposal as per established lead time and client’s due dates.
- Participate in conference calls with the client, as needed, to review the proposal and collect comments and feedback.
Proposals Data Management
- Maintain accurate repository of proposal documentations for future reference (RFP, technical package, excel workbooks, word proposals, emails, etc.)
- Ensure Salesforce data integrity and accuracy for all Drug Product opportunities.
- Issue Salesforce data analysis reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
Qualifications / Experience / Other competencies :
- Bachelor’s Degree (sciences or business administration).
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical experience, preferably in product development, project management, drug product manufacturing, regulatory, quality control or quality assurance.
- Overall knowledge of GMP practices.
- Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug development process.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical drug product commercial manufacturing and packaging processes
- Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical analytical development process, analytical testing and quality control process.
- Working knowledge of basic financial accounting terminology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications; specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Methodical, ability to prioritize; detail oriented.
Working knowledge with Salesforce is a plus.