The main purpose of the Analytical Scientist is to carry out sample analysis to the highest technical standards, on the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for clients of Cambrex. Facilitate closure of projects with minimal lead-time, whilst maintaining compliance to quality and safety systems, so that clients can progress development of their product/API.
- BSc or equivalent in chemistry, or in an appropriate area of science.
- Industrial experience in a pharmaceutical company / contract research organization is an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- Experience in standard analytical techniques e.g. UHPLC, LC-MS, GC, KF Coulometry, Particle Analysis, UV and IR Spectrophotometry and wet chemistry techniques is desirable, but relevant training will be provided.
- Familiar with working within ISO9001 and/or cGMP quality standards.
- Experience in working independently and within a team in an R&D environment desirable but not a prerequisite.
- Experience with working safely in a lab environment and adhering to local SHE policies.
- Able to participate in client meetings and discuss technical data clearly and succinctly.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to deal effectively and promptly with internal and external clients.
- Be well organised and able to manage high workloads.