The AD Chemist III will provide analytical support for multiple project teams. The AD Chemist III will collect and analyze data to support the development, validation and transfer of analytical methods for APIs, API intermediates and raw materials. Strict compliance with cGMP guidelines is required to perform most job tasks.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Safely and effectively collect analytical data to help develop, establish, and validate analytical testing methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products
- Perform analytical chemistry assays based on new and existing methodologies
- Operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, GC/MS, LC/MS, FTIR, Titrator, Particle Size Analyzer
- Maintain laboratory notebooks documenting work
- Maintain compliance with GMP SOPs and DEA regulations
- Transfer documented analytical methods to the QC and Process Support Group departments
- Set up new or existing analytical methods for compound identification, purity and potency testing.
- Coordinate off-site testing as necessary
- Conduct testing of analytical samples for the Chemical Development Department as needed.
- Collect analytical data to help qualify reference materials.
- May also perform other duties as required
- BS or BA in Chemistry or Biochemistry required
- 2 or more years of experience in a laboratory setting required
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry highly preferred
- Familiarity with compliance requirements within cGMP, safety and regulatory environments
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation like HPLC, GC, GC/MS, LC/MS, FTIR, UV-VIS equipment, and data stations required
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets, structural drawings, and databases preferably in a Windows environment
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.’ Relocation assistance will be offered for this position.
Link to Apply: https://careers-cambrex.icims.com/jobs/1890/ad-chemist-iii/job?mode=view