At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
- Locate and confirm the proper materials as defined in the batch record.
- Charge materials, solids & liquids into the appropriate equipment and set the corresponding controls. This would include auxiliary systems such as vacuum, cooling water, tempered water, steam and nitrogen systems.
- Use manual and computer controlled devices to monitor and control compounding, drying, blending, milling and packaging equipment assuring that all operating parameters are within control ranges.
- Operates basic lab equipment, performs lab test and interprets test results.
- Safety handles products and breaks up, stirs and unloads the dried product into drums, buggies or hoppers.
- Operates milling and packaging equipment; fits, weighs, check weighs, samples and labels filled containers.
- Responsible for complete and accurate documentation in batch records, use and maintenance & cleaning records and log books.
- Responsible for the correct handling and final production inspection of most finished goods.
- Cleans (boil, scrape out and scrub) processing equipment using necessary tolls and appropriate procedures, replacing screens, vacuum socks and bags, etc. when needed.
- Responsible to be qualified on 2-03 routinely operating jobs outside of normal dryer operator functions (i.e. wet end area, batching, WWTP), and performing these job functions as required.
- Support new product introductions by drying, particle sizing, blending and packaging for these products.
- Responsible for safe and proper handling of controlled substances, including record keeping, storage and manufacturing.
- Maintain work area in a high state of cleanliness and order. Product contamination and cross-contamination is to be prevented on all product handling.
- Assure all precautions are taken to prevent environmental spills and releases.
- Inspects, weighs, and labels hazardous and non-hazardous waste drums.
- Responsible for assisting in training new employees.
- Proper use of fork truck for materials movement.
- Complete own line entry, confined space, and hot work permits.
- Perform maintenance as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment or related business
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong mechanical aptitude/knowledge
- Shift assignment may vary. Must be able to work nights and/or every other weekend as per shift assignment