Our strong commitment to the environment, health and safety underpins all that we do at Cambrex.
At Cambrex, we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, customers, communities, and everyone impacted by our activities or products. Our commitment covers the following:
- We adhere to the highest standards to ensure the health and safety of our employees, neighbors, customers and consumers
- We follow a safety first policy, and always operate preventively to avoid accidents and injuries
- We are an integral part of every community in which we operate
As well as the above, we have well-established risk assessment methods that focus on the safe handling and manufacturing of our products. These include:
- Being committed to risk management programs such as ChemStewards® (for US facilities) and Responsible Care® (for European facilities).
- Focusing on improving our safety metrics to achieve our zero workplace accidents vision
- We host an Annual Safety Day for all employees
- We use engineering controls such as isolator and barrier technology for potent compound handling
- Formal safety reviews are conducted prior to manufacture
- Toxicological risk assessments are conducted for all new process introductions
- We always carry out extensive safety training programs for employees and contractors
Each Cambrex facility has programs for reducing emissions and employing environmentally friendly initiatives. We promote strict environmental compliance everywhere we operate, and we’re fully committed to continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
We are committed to finding the most eco-friendly synthetic routes and processes. These include:
- Sustainable chemistry
- Advanced wastewater treatment methods and facilities
- Safe waste handling and management
- Periodically audited waste disposal facilities
- Commitment to emission reduction
- REACH compliant
Across all Cambrex sites, the success of our health and safety and environmental initiatives are characterized by our employees’ participation, understanding and competence.
Get in touch
Want to know more about our products and services? It’s easy to get in touch, just head over to our contact page.