Your pharmaceutical custom manufacturing project’s success is our priority. We’re focused on delivering superior results, every time. Enhanced by our uncompromising commitment to cGMP standards and proven compliance track record, we’re an expert partner you can trust.
With a focus on quality, innovation and flexibility, we offer manufacturing excellence across our global network. Our extensive manufacturing capabilities allow us to take your project from development to scale-up and commercial production.
Drug product custom manufacturing capabilities
Our drug product manufacturing capabilities cover a wide variety of drug product manufacturing and packaging technologies in many dosage forms. We specialize in solid dosage forms, liquid, gel, cream and ointment products, sterile gel, and finished goods packaging.
Supported dosage forms:
- Compressed tablets
- Micro and mini tablets
- Highly Potent compounds
- Aqueous film coated tablets
- Controlled release beads
Solid dose capabilities:
- Dispensing booths
Liquid/semi-solid dosage capabilities:
- Oral liquids
- Creams and ointments
- Aqueous and solvent based systems
- Oral suspensions
- High shear homogenization
- Aqueous and solvent based premixes
- Topical gels of low to medium viscosity
- Product heating and cooling
- Full packing capabilities into glass or plastic
Sterile semi-solid dosage capabilities:
- Sterile suites offer through the wall sterile filtration at 0.2 microns
- All compounding is carried out in a class C area
- Ability to add sterile API via an aseptic transfer vessel using glove ports
- Gamma irradiated sterile components transferred via aseptic processes through transfer docks into filling area
- Components are filled under Class A conditions
Drug product manufacturing scale & range
|Range of manufacturing||Annual total unit or bulk capacity||Annual total packaging capacity|
|Solid dose||5kg – 1200kg||5 billion units (tablets)||50 million bottles|
|Liquids (solutions, suspensions)||5L – 4,400L||12.5 million liters||15.4 million bottles|
|Suppositories||50kg – 100kg||105 million units||NA|
|Sterile ointments and gels||200kg – 450kg||200,000kg||5.4 million sterile tubes|
|Non-sterile semi-solid||5kg – 1000kg||350,000kg||11.5 million tubes (2.5g – 250g)|
|Bulk powders (Whippany API kilo lab)||10kg – 25kg||1,000kg|
How can Cambrex help you advance?
Contact us today to discover how Cambrex can help you.