Our strong commitment to environment, health and safety underpins all that we do across every one of our sites.
Health and safety
At Cambrex, we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, customers, communities and others impacted by our activities or products. Our commitment covers the following:
- We adhere to the highest standards to ensure the health and safety of our employees, neighbors, customers and consumers
- We follow a “safety first” policy, operating preventively to avoid accidents and injuries
- We are an integral part of every community in which we operate
We have well-established risk assessment methods focused on safe handling and manufacturing of our products. These include:
- Committed to risk management programs such as ChemStewards® and Responsible Care®
- Focused on improving our safety metrics to achieve our zero workplace accidents vision
- Annual Safety Day for all employees
- Use of personal protective equipment (PEE) in the workplace
- Utilization of engineering controls such as isolator and barrier technology for potent compound handling
- Formal safety reviews conducted prior to manufacture
- Toxicological risk assessments conducted for all new process introductions
- Extensive safety training programs for employees and contractors
All Cambrex facilities have programs for reducing emissions and employing environmentally friendly initiatives. We promote strict environmental compliance everywhere we operate. We are fully committed to continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
- Sustainable chemistry
- Independent management system verifications
We are committed to finding to use the most eco-friendly synthetic routes and processes. These include:
- Advanced wastewater treatment methods and facilities
- Safe waste handling and management with routine auditing of disposal facilities.
- Waste disposal facilities audited periodically
- Commitment to emission reduction
- REACH compliant
Across all Cambrex sites, the success of our health and safety and environmental initiatives are characterized by our employees’ participation, understanding and competence.