The Senior Scientist will lead and assist with efforts in developing synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value-added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs. This hands-on position will involve approximately 70% bench work with the remainder involved in results reporting, team collaboration, bench to pilot plant process technology transferal and pilot plant support work.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Leading and Assisting with the development of synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value-added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs
- Planning and executing laboratory research including kilo lab scale work
- Participate on cross functional project teams within Research and Development and across the Company
- Assume leadership roles for process development and plant support as needed and appropriate
- Utilizing professional concepts to contribute to the development of Company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in a creative and effective manner
- Generate weekly client updates and reports
All employees are required to adhere to EPA, DEA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- 5 + years of experience in process development and process transfer to commercial scale.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or similar with 5 or more years of industrial experience in multi-step organic synthesis and process implementation.
- Familiarity with Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Masters in Organic Chemistry or similar with 10 or more years of industrial experience and proven command of multi-step synthesis of small molecule APIs would be considered
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, NMR required
- Strong command of chemical literature is required
- Good project management skills required
- Familiarity with high potency APIs and controlled substance handling a plus
- Familiarity with Empower a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Familiarity with compliance requirements within cGMP, safety and regulatory environments
- The ability to solve extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed work environment.
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.’ Relocation assistance will be offered for this position.